Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Grace and Merit

I wrote this silly song a few days ago but was shy about posting it, because I work in ecumenism and it's a bit pointed. But since the Chair of our governing board, a Lutheran pastor, laughed out loud when I sang it for him, I'll go ahead and take responsibility for it. Thanks to The Curt Jester for posting it last week.

To the tune of Love and Marriage:

Grace and merit, grace and merit,
God's so great that He can't wait to share it--
'Specially with His Mother!
You can't have one without the other.

Grace and merit, grace and merit,
The Cross is heavy but you'll have to bear it.
Listen, sister, brother,
You can't have one without the other.

Try, try, try to separate them,
It's an illusion.
Try, try, try and you will only add
To the confusion.

Grace and merit, grace and merit,
It's a legacy we can inherit,
With and through His Mother.
You can't have one without the other.

No comments: