Sequence of the Mass: Lauda, Sion ("Sion, Lift Thy Voice And Sing")
Lauda, Sion, Salvatorem,
Lauda ducem et pastorem
In hymnis et canticis.
Quantum potes, tantum aude:
Quia major omni laude
Nec laudare sufficis.
Sion, lift thy voice and sing:
Praise thy Savior and thy King;
Praise with hymns thy Shepherd true:
Dare thy most to praise Him well;
For He doth all praise excel;
None can ever reach His due.
More
And, as sung by the Dominican Nuns of Summit, New Jersey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like you have an error in your Latin hymn sequence: I don't believe there is a word "poses." You probably mean "potes."
I'd love to know if I can get access to any of your blog archives from last year. there are a few I'd like to review again.
Thanks
Matt
Thank you, no twinks, good eye.
Hi, Matt. I'm delighted that you have an interest in seeing the archives.
I saved the articles and will soon be re-posting some of them (summer project). I will want to be very selective about that, posting only those articles that directly deal with hymn appreciation, critique and development.
No twinks, it's fixed now--thanks for the note!
Post a Comment